Palo Alto needs more housing to have a balanced community and meet existing law. I’ll work to provide affordable and economically diverse housing, including for families, consistent with state and local laws, to enhance our community and address parking and traffic impact.
We can get this done by:
- Preserving existing affordable housing. I am proud to be a member of the Board of the Law Foundation of Silicon Valley which represented the tenants of the Buena Vista mobile home park and succeeded in saving it.
- Building housing, including affordable housing for different income levels, by:
- Adding more housing near transit hubs and resident services, particularly in our two downtowns to help revitalize those areas
- Increasing density near transit hubs, which abates traffic and greenhouse gas emissions
- Improve the process for ADUs which are a part of the solution and add a diversity of housing to single family neighborhoods.